This morning I got Maggie down from the breakfast table and told her to go to Hank's room and take off her pajamas--it was time to get dressed. We do this every morning but I normally go with her and assist with changing her clothes. Today I was trying to buy myself a little time to clean up the breakfast mess in the kitchen. So, when I got to Hank's room I found her totally naked (except for her socks) and trying really REALLY hard to put on the new diaper I had already laid out for her. She really wants to do most things herself these days. We hear "Let me do it!!!" at least a couple dozen times a day.
Once we got her dressed I tried to put a green bow in her hair (to match the green shirt she was wearing) and she said "No! I want a pink bow!" just as clear as could be.
Then when she was completely ready, I said "go help Hank watch Phineas and Ferb in the living room" and she marched right in and sat down and did just that. So helpful and so girly. I'm kinda proud.

No comments:
Post a Comment