Well, I thought it would be fun to decorate a gingerbread house together this year. Really, I knew it would end up being a mess. But when we opened the box and saw the house in a million pieces, it ended up being a much bigger mess than I thought.
Here's my attempt to glue it together with icing:
It immediately fell apart. So after Maggie went to bed, I had the idea of laying it all out flat on a cookie sheet and decorating it in 2-D instead of 3-D. Hank and James took this very seriously, and went to work. I mean, Hank was super focused and worked hard to get all of that candy stuck into that huge glob of icing. He said he was in charge of putting the candy on there, and James was in charge of "mushing" it into the icing. They did a fantastic job. And they didn't eat too much of it either.



No comments:
Post a Comment